The L1 Compact wireless package brings wireless music streaming to the L1 Compact. The L1 Compact system combines conventional PA and monitors into one sleek system. Positioned behind or to the side of a performer, DJ or presenter, it delivers wide, even sound coverage throughout the stage area and audience—even off to the extreme sides. It’s our smallest, lightest, easiest-to-set-up L1 system, weighing just 13.2 kg.
- L1 Compact system with wireless connectivity
- Bose Spatial Dispersion loudspeaker technology delivers sound evenly across the stage and throughout the audience—even to the extreme sides
- Two ToneMatch channels with fixed presets for a handheld microphone and an acoustic guitar
- Integrated bass speaker in power stand
- Two setup positions: collapsed for smaller spaces or extended for larger ones
- Ideal for musical performances, mobile DJs, classrooms, business presentations or home use
- SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter provides musicians and DJs the convenience of wireless streaming and control for their events
Big sound. Small package.
Now you can have quality Bose sound for almost any gig, event or occasion. The L1 Compact system is small enough to fit in your boot or back seat, and its innovative modular design makes setup easy and fast. You can arrange it in either a collapsed configuration for smaller spaces or a taller, extended configuration for larger ones. No heavy speakers to hoist onto stands. No speaker cables.
Wireless control and streaming
Now musicians and DJs can enjoy the convenience of wireless control and streaming with Bluetooth using the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. Singers/songwriters can use Bluetooth to play and control backing tracks or set-break music. DJs can control the party without wires. When you’re within reach of a home Wi-Fi® network, you can enjoy the additional benefits of multi-room Wi-Fi music through SoundTouch. When connecting using SoundTouch, you enjoy uninterrupted music, even if your phone rings or you step outside. With multiple L1 Compact wireless packages, you can also create multi-speaker systems playing either the same music or different music on each speaker. You can even add additional Bose products to your system such as the SoundTouch 10, 20, 30 and the SoundTouch 300 soundbar. The SoundTouch app for iOS, Android™, Mac or PC allows fast, simple control of all your music.
A different loudspeaker
The L1 Compact system’s slim loudspeaker distributes sound clearly and evenly throughout the room thanks to Bose Spatial Dispersion technology. The speaker’s unusual vertical shape makes it distinctly different from conventional PA speakers―and has a very positive effect on sound coverage. Even audience and band members off to the extreme sides hear the same clear, tonally balanced sound as those in front.
The L1 Compact loudspeaker array is smaller than those in L1 Model 1S and II systems, but it produces comparable horizontal sound coverage. L1 Model 1S and Model II loudspeakers project sound further with less drop-off of volume than the L1 Compact array.
With the L1 Compact system, you don’t have to carry a separate amplifier, mixer or bass cabinet—they’re already built in. The system’s power stand includes an integrated bass speaker and amplifier, plus a built-in mixer providing a total of four inputs and two outputs.
Channel 1 is a microphone input with a customised ToneMatch preset for a handheld dynamic microphone. The preset automatically optimises a handheld microphone’s tone when used with the L1 Compact system. Channel 2 accepts up to three inputs at once, including a guitar, keyboard or other instrument, DJ mixer, smartphone, tablet, laptop or projector. It features a customised ToneMatch preset to optimise the sound of an acoustic guitar.
The L1 Compact system: audio performance, simplified setup and one-trip portability. Only from Bose.
- Spatial Dispersion loudspeaker technology features six small drivers mounted at precise angles inside a slim, vertical enclosure. This proprietary Bose technology delivers nearly 180 degrees of horizontal sound coverage. Sound remains consistent even at extreme sides of the system
- Integrated mixer in the power stand provides one microphone XLR input on channel 1; channel 2 has one instrument input, one RCA stereo input and one 3.5 mm stereo input. Both channels have two-stage clip lights, volume controls and a customised ToneMatch preset. Rear panel has one 6.35 mm balanced line output and one RCA stereo output
- Integrated power amplifier in the power stand delivers clean, precise amplification for L1 Compact loudspeaker and bass enclosure
- PA and monitors are combined into one lightweight, highly portable system. Proprietary Bose technology enables the system to be positioned directly behind or to the side of a performer, eliminating the need for separate PA speakers, stage monitors and mixers
- Proprietary ToneMatch presets optimise the L1 Compact system for a dynamic handheld microphone (channel 1) or acoustic guitar (channel 2)
- Two unique setup positions, extended (200 cm H) and collapsed (42 cm H), let you tailor the system’s sound coverage for the room or event. For larger audiences, use the included loudspeaker extensions to elevate the array. For smaller gatherings and meetings, leave the array in its slot on the power stand and place the system on a tabletop
- Durable, lightweight, interlocking components make the system very easy to transport, set up and break down. The power stand weighs just 11.3 kg and the total system with loudspeaker and extensions weighs 13.2 kg. No speaker cables, stands or bass modules required. The entire system can be set up in a minute or less
- SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter converts L1 Compact into a SoundTouch wireless music system allowing Bluetooth or Wi-Fi music streaming
- L1 Compact power stand w/loudspeaker array:41.8 cm H x 33.9 cm W x 42.6 cm D (11.2 kg)
- L1 Compact loudspeaker array:40.8 cm H x 7 cm W x 7 cm D (1.35 kg)
- Each L1 Compact extension:83 cm H x 7 cm W x 7 cm D (1.5 kg)
- Collapsed position (assembled):41.8 cm H x 33.9 cm W x 42.6 cm D (11.2 kg)
- Extended position (assembled):199.5 cm H x 33.9 cm W x 42.6 cm D (13.3 kg)
- SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter:2.5 cm H x 8.8 cm W x 8.8 cm D (0.1 kg)
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- L1 Compact power stand with power cable
- L1 Compact loudspeaker array
- L1 Compact extensions
- SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter with power cable
- Patch cables
- Power stand/loudspeaker array slip cover
- Extensions carrying bag
What is the L1 Compact wireless package?
The L1 Compact wireless package brings together our smallest and most portable L1 system with wireless streaming and control through the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. The L1 Compact is designed for audiences of up to 100. Carry it in one trip. Set it up in one minute. Fill the room with streaming music from the Internet or your local device.
What makes the L1 Compact wireless package different from other L1 portable line array systems?
The L1 Compact portable line array system is our most portable L1 system and can be carried in a single trip. Its interlocking components eliminate the need for speaker wires, allowing the system to be set up in less than a minute. It combines PA and monitors into a single loudspeaker system, produces exceptionally wide horizontal sound coverage and features integrated ToneMatch signal processing. Bose engineers have designed the user interface to be intuitive enough for the lay person, yet with the right features for demanding musicians.
Additionally, the L1 Compact system is the only L1 portable line array system that can be set up in multiple positions to accommodate different uses:
- Extended position: Recommended for larger audiences, the extended position allows users to elevate the L1 Compact loudspeaker array, enabling it to project sound clearly and evenly throughout larger venues. Included with the L1 Compact system are two interlocking extensions used to elevate the array. The extended position is well-suited for applications such as musical performances and DJ events, or for providing voice lift for larger gatherings
- Collapsed position: Recommended for smaller audiences, the collapsed position allows the L1 Compact loudspeaker array to be inserted in the front of the power stand, creating a very small profile. When used in this position, the system should be placed on a table or elevated stage. This will allow sound to project clearly and evenly throughout the room. The collapsed position is well-suited for applications such as intimate acoustic performances, presentations, speeches or music playback
How do I set up the system in the extended position?
- Slide the loudspeaker array up and out of the power stand and temporarily lay it aside
- Align the plug on the bottom of one of the extensions with the socket on the power stand. Note: The two L1 Compact extensions are identical; either one can be used on the top or bottom
- Insert the L1 Compact extensions into the power stand. Be sure to fully insert the bottom extension. This will complete the audio connection and ensure stability
- Align and connect the remaining extension, pushing it firmly into place
- Align and connect the L1 Compact loudspeaker array, pushing it firmly into place
What is the optimal placement when using the L1 Compact system in the collapsed position?
The collapsed position is typically reserved for smaller rooms. When the system is in the collapsed position, we suggest placing it on a table so the sound projects throughout the audience. The system can be placed behind the performer or presenter, or just off to the side. Although sound will bend around obstructions, for best results there should be a metre or so between the performer and the system when it is positioned behind the performer.
What is Spatial Dispersion loudspeaker technology?
Spatial Dispersion loudspeaker technology, only available from Bose, features an arrangement of drivers in the loudspeaker array that enable the system to fill an entire room with clear, powerful, tonally balanced sound from a single loudspeaker system. Sound remains consistent even at the extreme sides of the system.
Given its smaller size, does the L1 Compact system project sound as far as larger L1 systems?
The L1 Compact loudspeaker array system produces horizontal coverage that is comparable to that produced by the larger L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II systems. Longer line arrays, such as those found in the L1 Model 1S and Model II systems, can project sound farther with less drop-off of sound levels than the smaller array found in the L1 Compact system.
Is the L1 Compact system designed for mobile DJ use?
Yes. The enhanced portability, easy setup and professional sound quality of the L1 Compact system make it suitable for a variety of applications in which a conventional PA system could be used. For example, DJ events, community and athletic events, business presentations, or wherever high-performance and easy-to-use sound amplification are needed. The L1 Compact system features stereo RCA, stereo 3.5 mm" and 6.35 mm" inputs for connecting a DJ mixer, laptop, smartphone or CD player. When making announcements, simply plug a dynamic handheld microphone into the Channel 1 Microphone input. Two L1 Compact systems are recommended for DJ applications to help reproduce stereo sound. Additionally, a single L1 Compact system can be conveniently used as a satellite system for larger DJ events. Mobile DJs can also benefit from the Bluetooth streaming option included in the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. This allows them to stream and control the music playback, without having a cable attached to their device.
What are the benefits of the integrated ToneMatch system processing?
Imagine that a skilled studio engineer listened to the sound of your acoustic guitar or dynamic handheld microphone being played through an L1 system, made a series of equalisation adjustments to optimise the sound and then saved those changes as a preset that could be instantly recalled at the touch of a button on any stage in the world, that’s the power of ToneMatch signal processing.
Channel 1: This microphone input features a ToneMatch preset that has been optimised for use with a dynamic handheld microphone. Simply connect a microphone and the preset is automatically engaged.
Channel 2: Features a ToneMatch preset designed specifically for use with an acoustic guitar. Connect your acoustic guitar to the 6.35 mm" input and place the ToneMatch preset switch in the “Acoustic Guitar ToneMatch” or upward position to engage the preset.
Note: This switch only engages a ToneMatch preset for the acoustic guitar; all other sources connected to Channel 2 remain unaffected.
How many channels does the L1 Compact system have?
The system has two channels that support a wide variety of uses:
- Microphone input: This input is designed for use only with a dynamic handheld microphone, as it features a ToneMatch preset that has been optimised for use with this type of microphone. Simply plug in and the preset is automatically engaged, adding clarity and definition to vocals
- 3.5 mm" stereo input: Balanced analogue input for connecting smartphones, laptop computers, satellite radio, smart boards, video projectors or any other device with a line-level audio output. This is the recommended input for connecting the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter
- RCA stereo input: Line level analogue input for connecting a DVD/CD player, DJ mixer or smart board
- 6.35 mm" instrument input: Accepts either a balanced or unbalanced cable used for connecting instruments such as keyboards and guitars. This input contains a customised ToneMatch preset developed specifically for use with an acoustic guitar. To engage the preset, make sure the ToneMatch preset switch is in the upward position. If connecting an instrument other than an acoustic guitar, position the ToneMatch preset switch in the downward position
Note: All three inputs on Channel 2 can be utilised simultaneously. The overall level of Channel 2 is controllable via the Channel 2 volume control. To increase the level of a particular source, the user must make adjustments on the individual source device.
Does the L1 Compact system have audio outputs?
Yes. The L1 Compact power stand features two audio outputs:
- RCA record output (unbalanced): This output passes the same mono audio signal out of each connector and can be used to connect to an external recording device
- 6.35 mm" output (balanced or unbalanced): Connect this mono output into the Channel 2 6.35 mm" input on a second L1 portable line array system. You can daisy chain multiple systems together for use in larger or separate rooms
Is the T1 ToneMatch audio engine compatible with the L1 Compact system?
Yes. However, please note that the optional T1 ToneMatch audio engine power supply is required for operation. For musical performances that require access to our most advanced tone-shaping library, a full suite of studio quality effects, dynamics processing, and expanded inputs and outputs, the T1 ToneMatch audio engine is the recommended choice.
To use the T1 ToneMatch audio engine with the L1 Compact system, simply connect the master output of the T1 ToneMatch audio engine’s 6.35 mm" output to the 6.35 mm" input on Channel 2 of the L1 Compact system. Adjust the master level of the T1 ToneMatch audio engine to at least 50% and adjust the L1 Compact system’s Channel 2 volume level to the desired level.
Can each member of a band or ensemble use their own L1 Compact system?
How can I take advantage of instruments or devices that deliver stereo output?
A single L1 Compact system can combine the two channels and fill the venue with one speaker. For instruments or recorded material that require stereo reproduction, two L1 Compact systems can be used to deliver stereo sound.
How are you able to obtain such a high level of performance from a smaller system?
Great care was taken in the design process to ensure that all the speakers and electronics perform as one integrated system. This allows the L1 Compact system to be extremely efficient and maximise its acoustical output while maintaining its small profile.
Can the L1 Compact system be used outdoors?
Yes. The system can be used inside or out. But it must never be exposed to precipitation or extended periods of direct sunlight.
Can I connect an external subwoofer—such as the Bose B1 bass module—to the L1 Compact system?
No. The bass module is integrated into the L1 Compact system. The system does not support additional bass modules.
Where should the L1 Compact system be positioned on stage?
System placement requirements for the L1 Compact system are flexible. For optimal sound for both the audience and performer, position the system directly behind—or behind and slightly off to one side of—the performer.
In what voltage is the L1 Compact system available?
The L1 Compact system features a switching power supply that allows it to operate in regions ranging from 100 V – 240 V. The proper power cable for the specific region in which the system was purchased is included in the box.
What is the warranty period on the L1 Compact system?
The L1 Compact power stand has a two-year limited warranty. The L1 Compact loudspeaker array and L1 Compact extensions have a five-year limited warranty. The warranty is transferable with the product, even if the ownership changes.
Can the L1 Compact system be used with the L1 Model I S or Model II system?
Yes. All L1 systems can share the same stage. The L1 Model I S and L1 Model II systems have longer line arrays than the L1 Compact system and can project sound farther with less drop-off of sound levels than the smaller array found on the L1 Compact system.
Where can I collaborate with Bose staff and existing owners to learn more about how the L1 system can work for my specific application?
We host a community that allows Bose portable PA owners to share their experiences and collaborate on topics that are important to them. You will find extensive, application-specific documentation and helpful hints. The forum is fully searchable and can be accessed at https://www.bosepro.community.
What is the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter and what are its key benefits?
The SoundTouch Wireless Link is a device that connects to your L1 Compact and turns it into a SoundTouch wireless music system.
It features Bluetooth connectivity for wireless streaming and control of your music. This means musicians and DJs can wirelessly stream music from their smartphone or other device directly to the L1 at any gig location.
It also features SoundTouch to bring you a better way to enjoy all your music when a Wi-Fi internet connection is available. The key benefit of using SoundTouch is that you can wirelessly stream the same music to multiple SoundTouch products, whether those are additional L1 Compact systems or Bose SoundTouch consumer products. SoundTouch also enables the following additional benefits: music playback is not interrupted by phone calls and music playback is not interrupted by your smartphone or other device being moved out of network range.
What audio connection options does the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter use with the L1 Compact system?
The SoundTouch Wireless Link can be connected to your L1 Compact using the included 3.5 mm mini-stereo patch cable.
How do I operate the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter?
Download and install the SoundTouch Controller app on your smartphone or tablet to use the SoundTouch Wireless Link to stream music from popular music services, Internet radio stations and your stored music library. You can also use the Bluetooth button on the top of the SoundTouch Wireless Link to connect any Bluetooth device for even more listening options.
Does the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter have an Ethernet port?
Can I use a Wi-Fi router that is not connected to Internet to create a SoundTouch multi-speaker system?
No. An Internet connection is required to add speakers using SoundTouch.
When using the Bluetooth connection through the SoundTouch adapter, do phone calls interrupt my music?
Phone calls and other alerts can ring through the SoundTouch adapter into the L1 Compact system. Setting your phone to “Do Not Disturb” mode will block audible notifications.
When using Wi-Fi streaming through the SoundTouch adapter, do phone calls interrupt my music?
When using Wi-Fi streaming through SoundTouch, can I take my phone out of network range without interrupting the music?
Does the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter have an internal battery or battery compartment?
No. It requires use of the included power supply.
Does the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter require use of a separate power adapter?
Yes. A power supply is included in the box.
Can the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter be mounted in different positions or does it have to be set flat on its rubber base during use?
For best wireless performance, set the SoundTouch Wireless Link on its rubber base during use.
What is the range of the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter’s Bluetooth performance?
The SoundTouch Wireless Link’s Bluetooth link is capable of stable operation up to 9 m (30 ft). Performance can be affected by obstacles such as walls or metal, interference from Wi-Fi or other wireless devices and device manufacturers’ Bluetooth implementations.
Presets and firmware downloads
See the latest presets and firmware for the ToneMatch audio engine and L1 systems.
Bose Portable PA Community
Browse user comments, get detailed product information and join the conversation.
SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter owner’s guide: