If you’re having difficulty connecting your headphones to the Bose Music app, try the following suggestions. Then try reconnecting your headphones.
Turn the headphones off then back on again
Close the Bose Music app on your device and swipe it away to fully close it. Then reopen the app and try to connect again
- On iOS, double tap the Home button and swipe away the Music app.
- On an Android device, press the Recents button and swipe away the Music app
If your headphones are charging, remove the charging cable. The headphones will not connect to the app while charging
Remove your headphones from your mobile device's memory:
- In the device’s Bluetooth® settings, view the list of previously connected Bluetooth products.
- Find your Bose headphones and remove them from the list by tapping “Forget”, “Unpair”, “Remove” or something similar. The headphones might appear in the list more than once. Remove all instances of them.
Clear the Bluetooth device memory in your headphones:
- Power on your headphones
- Hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”
With Apple iOS devices, be sure not to tap “Cancel” during setup:
- In the Bose app, after selecting your product on the “Get Connected” screen, a “Select An Accessory” popup appears.
- Don’t close the popup. It can take up to 2 minutes for your headphones to appear in the popup
- Once your headphones appear, select them. Then tap “Pair” when prompted. For more info, see Setting up your headphones
Reboot your mobile device by powering it off completely, then powering it on again
Uninstall the Bose Music app, then reinstall it from your mobile device app store