Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (e.g. connection help, no audio from headphones etc.).
Back to article
Bose Connect app does not detect product
If you open the Bose Connect app on your iOS or Android device but your Bose Bluetooth® product is not found or does not appear in the app, try the following:
Check that you are using the Bose Connect app.
There are several Bose apps designed for different products. Your product works with the Bose Connect app . For more info, see Download the Bose Connect app for compatible products.
Try connecting your Bose product once without using the Bose Connect app.
If the Bose Connect app cannot find your product, try first connecting your product to the smartphone using the Bluetooth® menu in the smartphone. Once connected, try the app again. For help connecting a smartphone, see Connecting a Bluetooth® device. If a connection still cannot be made, see Cannot connect a Bluetooth® device.
Uninstall and reinstall the Bose app.
In case an issue occurred with the app, uninstall it from your device, download and reinstall it, then try again.
Allow the permissions requested by the Bose Connect app.
When you first open the app, it asks for some permissions. These let the app find and control your product. If you already declined these, uninstall and reinstall the app. Then, when you open the app, allow the requested permissions when prompted.
On the Bluetooth® device, remove all entries of your Bose product.
- On the device you're trying to connecting, go to the Bluetooth settings.
- In the list of remembered Bluetooth connections, find your Bose product and remove it. You might have to choose to forget or unpair it.
- Remove any additional entries for your product in the list, including any entries that begin with "LE-".
- Try connecting again. For help connecting, see Connecting a Bluetooth® device.
Reboot the Bluetooth® device.
Electronics might need to be reset on occassion to correct minor issues. This is typically done by shutting down the device, then powering it on again.
Restore the factory settings of your speaker.
This reset erases all settings and returns your speaker to its default out-of-box state.
- Power on your speaker.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds:
- After a few seconds, the battery lights glow to show the battery level. If voice prompts are on, the battery level is also announced.
- After 10 seconds, the Bluetooth® light blinks blue to confirm the speaker is reset. A voice prompt instructs you to download the Bose Connect app to get started.
Clear the Bose product memory of previously-connected Bluetooth® devices.
- Power on your Bose product.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.
Check for and install any available product updates.
Regardless of the issue you are experiencing with your product, try updating it. Visit btu.Bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!