Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (e.g. connection help, no audio from headphones etc.).
Back to article
Setting up your product
Learn how to set up your product, connect components and enjoy the benefits of all its features.
Set up your system.
Note: The USB port on your system is only used for system updates.
Connecting the speaker array and power standThe speaker array can be connected with or without the extension. Connecting without the extension might be useful, for example, when on an elevated stage to bring the array closer to ear level of the audience.
- Align the connector at the bottom of the extension with the connector on the power stand, then firmly press the extension into the power stand
- Align the connector at the bottom of the speaker array with the connector at the top of the extension, then firmly press the speaker into the extension.
Tip: When properly connected, there should be no visible gaps where the pieces connect.
Powering on or offConnect the power cord from the the POWER jack on the power stand to a working outlet. Then, on the back of the system, push the POWER button: When powered on, the light above the power button glows.
Connecting audioChannels 1 and 2
- Press the ToneMatch button to select a preset for the connected source:
- Select MIC when connecting a vocal microphone
- Select INST when connecting an acoustic guitar
- Select OFF when connecting another audio source
- Select additional presets using the L1 Mix app. For more info, see Selecting ToneMatch presets
- Use the combination jack to connect the audio source using an XLR cable or a 1/4" (6.35 mm) TS or TRS cable
- If the source device has a volume control, adjust it to the desired level
- If the device requires phantom power, press the PHANTOM button so the light above it glows
- Connect a wireless Bluetooth® device or a wired auxiliary audio device
Note: The AUX jacks and Bluetoothinput can be used simultaneously
- Connect line level audio devices to the 1/8" (3.5 mm) or 1/4" (6.4 mm) AUX TRS jacks
- Connect a Bluetooth device by holding the Bluetooth button until it blinks blue. Then select the Bose system in the Bluetooth menu of the device you want to connect
- Adjust the volume level of the connected device
Tip: For playback devices, typically the device volume should be maxed—or as high as it can without distorting
Connecting a ToneMatch mixerUse the ToneMatch port to simplify setup with a ToneMatch mixer. For more info, see Connecting a ToneMatch mixer.
Setting channel controlsFor info on adjusting the system EQ or channel volume, EQ and reverb, see Adjusting the tone controls on your product.
Connecting additional speakersOn the connection panel, use the LINE OUT mono XLR jack to connect to the input on another powered speaker or audio device. This signal from this jack is post-mix.
Here are some common setups for your L1 Pro system. Select an option to view a typical connection diagram.
Guitar and vocal
Guitar, vocal and Bluetooth® device
Guitar, vocal and keyboard or backing track
Guitar and vocal with two L1 Pro systems
Guitar and vocal with S1 Pro as a monitor
Guitar and vocal with T4S mixer
Stereo DJ setup
DJ setup with subwoofer
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!